About Me.........

My photo
cincinnati, ohio, United States
Welcome bloggers! Simplicity is a lifestyle blog focusing on Vintage finds, DIY, Recipes, Holistic approaches, People, Travel, Fashion & Design. I'm by trade a Healthcare Analyst, girlfriend, daughter, sister, friend, healer, jewelry designer, photographer and amateur chef. It's time to get inspired! For comments or questions feel free to contact me @ jennifer.marco@gmail.com

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Baked Caulifower, Cod & Chitranna


When I'm at home cooking healthy is a must! I'm reinventing my restaurant favorites to be healthy at best.... Tonight I wanted to finish up the cauliflower and I was reminded of a favorite dish, Gobi Manchuri. This indo-Chinese dish is typically fried and isn't the best for your tummy! I've baked califlower before and it turned out great so this time I did the same but lightly drizzled the florets with Maggie's spicy ketchup. This amazingly did the trick!

D wanted to whip up one of his favorite dish's, Lemon Rice ( Chitranna ). This has to be another favorite South Indian dish of mine as well...crunchy dals, fresh lemon, peanuts, cilantro, curry leaves, chilies, mustard seeds, and cumin all play nice in this dish.

I sauteed Cod in a fish curry and steamed broccoli.....also wanted to use what was left of my quinoa. I tossed in a few diced peppers and onions and this meal came together perfectly!

I didn't have the chance to snap any photos during the process but here is a collage of found images.

No comments:

Post a Comment